NAEIR Blog - Your #1 Source for Charitable Goods

Also, by visiting our blog you will learn when and how organizations donating merchandise to NAEIR can earn an above-cost, federal income tax deduction, clear out warehouse space, avoid liquidation nightmares and help thousands of deserving schools and nonprofits

Blog RSS Feed for Free products for non-profits

Friday, August 26, 2011

Hero in the church office



What a hoot! I was a hero in my church office.

As a NAEIR employee, Director of Human Resources, I was aware of a new program NAEIR started several months ago. It’s called “Friends of NAEIR”. I logged onto our corporate website (http://www.naeir.org/) to learn the complete details of how the program works. As an individual and also a supply Pastor for the Presbyterian Churches in the Galesburg area, I was able to take advantage of NAEIR’s free products for nonprofits, as the church is a 501(c)(3). However, I do not need to be a non-profit "organization" to participate in the Friends of NAIER program. So I searched our online catalog and found an office supply kit valued at $400, and I was able to donate it to my home church in Galesburg for only the cost of handling and shipping, which cost me a mere $55. I received credit for a charitable donation.

WOW! The church staff was thrilled! The church secretary always thought I was cool. Now she thinks I’m awesome. Bob Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment